Old April 8th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Shedding Madness

"Ginni" wrote

I have a recent addition to my home (4 year old girl that I got about
3 months ago), and she's shedding EVERYWHERE! It's not just because

Grin, been there. Got one like it. I see several recommend converting to
wet but all that's doing for me (on this issue, not long term health issues)
is making her hair a little thicker. One trick an old timer gave me was to
add a bit of fat to her diet. A little olive oil or bacon fat. This doesnt
so much reduce shedding, as make her fur ball problem go away and a higher
tendancy to self groom more of it off herself. I add this to her wet food.

I no longer need furball remedies (which I suspect are nothing more than cat
laxitives of a rough on the kitty sort).