Old March 1st 04, 02:28 AM
Karen M.

Kilikini wrote:
Hope, I'm so glad that you said this! My cats have gotten much, much more
affectionate as they've gotten older as well. I wanted to say that, but I
didn't know if it was a *true* scenario (as in all cats get more loving as
they age). I've just noticed it in my case. I think for both of mine, and
they're a year apart, it started happening at about age 5 or so. They are
still extremely independent, but when they want on my lap, they WANT ON MY
LAP! God forbid it if I have to get up and pee or something!

Teach them what "let's go" means. If you need to get up, jiggle
your legs (other body part they're on) and say "let's go." You may
have to provide a gravity assist so they get the idea.
My older kitty (11yo) will be across the room. I'll say the magic
words and she'll get up and get ready to follow me.
HTH
--Karen M.