Old March 16th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Vaccine Reaction

On Wed 15 Mar 2006 09:09:07a, Ollie via CatKB.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:5d4b43c499c94@uwe):

When I got upset
with them, they said "well we didn't have to tell you". They
promised to refund our money for the tests but it took me
writing to the head of VCA after 6 months of wating to get only
$200.00. I never went back to that vet, in fact I won't go to
any vet that is affiliated with VCA.

I have nothing good to say about the VCA here in my town. They are
money hungry. The final straw for me with VCA was a TV and VCR in
the waiting room that showed advertisements for a "neuter/declaw
combo" surgery for your new kitten.

This is a known possible reaction to the rabies vaccine. Don't
believe your vet if they tell you it is impossible to have a
reaction that isn't immediate. I now have a test for any new vet
that sees my cats. I tell them the symptoms and that she had a
vaccine the week prior and ask for their opinion about what the
problem might have been. My current vet answered - a vaccine
reaction of course.

Good test. Good luck with the new vet and I'm glad your kitty
suffered no long-term effect from the ignorance of a vet chain.

--
Cheryl