Old June 21st 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default kittens that are runts

I had a cat for more than 20 years who never weighed more than 7
pounds. She was the best lap cat and extremely healthy. I write for a
living and it was great to have a light weight lap cat while I worked.

She died six weeks ago and now we're looking for a kitten. We really
want another small cat. Should I assume the runts of a litter will grow
up to be small? Do they have health problems or are they simply petite?

The local animal shelter has three feral kittens that were found
together. Two are labelled "three months old" and a third is labelled
"two months." They think they might be from the same litter, but
labelled the third one 2 months old becuase of his size. He seems sweet
and cuddly and hasn't hissed or seemed skittish like you would think a
feral cat would. Any opinions on whether this would be a good cat for
us? If it matters, I live in a fairly large house. It's peaceful and
very quiet since I work from home all day. The kitten would have plenty
of company but I'm working so I can't play all day.

Thanks, Betsy