Old June 21st 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default kittens that are runts

That doesn't sound like a feral kitten. Maybe he has had human contact.

If he is truly feral, be prepared for the chance of some hiding and
skittish behavior when you get home. Just be sure you're willing to make
the commitment and work with that if it does happen.

As for being small or large, this is what happened in the one litter
born here -- of the three largest kittens, one is a petite adult (6-7
lbs) and the other two are large adults. The smaller kitten stayed small
and the runt died at 7 weeks.

With cats, I've always just gone with the one that captured my heart or
that I knew needed me.

Sounds like you have a big home, how about getting more than one?

Rhonda

BetsyinVA wrote:

The local animal shelter has three feral kittens that were found
together. Two are labelled "three months old" and a third is labelled
"two months." They think they might be from the same litter, but
labelled the third one 2 months old becuase of his size. He seems sweet
and cuddly and hasn't hissed or seemed skittish like you would think a
feral cat would. Any opinions on whether this would be a good cat for
us? If it matters, I live in a fairly large house. It's peaceful and
very quiet since I work from home all day. The kitten would have plenty
of company but I'm working so I can't play all day.

Thanks, Betsy