Old October 5th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy via CatKB.com

Default Update - Good news, possibly bad news

I send you healing purrs from my kitties and kindest wishes. I truly hope
that Ana does not have lymphoma. Try not to depair, it may not be lymphoma.
You have my prayers, and I am glad to hear kitty seems to be doing better
today.

All the best, and pls update,
Jan

Snittens wrote:
Update on my cat Ana (see thread Contipation and vomiting).
It turns out that constipation is not the real issue here. The vet did
another Xray yesterday, which did show some smallish stools, but she said
that when she felt her abdomen, the stools did not feel hard, and that the
Xray actually looked better than Monday's. So, she did not do the enema.
Ana's WBC was again elevated (had bw done last month when she had a previous
vomiting episode). This is what is concerning the vet. She is thinking it
might be lymphoma, although she doesn't want to alarm me yet, but it is what
it looks like. She started Ana on an antibiotic to see if the WBC goes
down. For now, Ana is on fluids and will be discharged once she is eating
on her own. When I called this morning, the receptionist said she is perked
up, friendly and looking for attention. The vet was not available, so I'm
waiting for a call back.

Please keep positive thoughts that it is not lymphoma.

-Kelly