Old October 7th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Update - Good news, possibly bad news

I'm sorry, Kelly. I hope she can keep down her food soon.

Clavamox made our cat's stomach upset, you might ask about that too.

I hope this is something she can get over quickly,

Rhonda

Snittens wrote:
"Snittens" wrote in message

Update on my cat Ana (see thread Contipation and vomiting).

Thank you for the well wishes. Here's the latest.
Ana came home this afternoon. The vet reported that she was eating on her
own, was looking much brighter, and had not vomited while she was there (two
days). She said the WBC has gone down, and wants to recheck in ten days,
after she is done with the Clavamox. The vet really isn't certain what is
causing the vomiting and lack of appetite, if it's food related, IBD, or
possibly lymphoma. Basically I guess it's wait and see.
I put Ana back in the bathroom, as her intake and output still needs to be
monitored. Gave her some canned food, which she did nibble at. Several
hours later, she vomited quite a large amount. Again it was that liquidy
vomit that she's been doing. I changed the food that I set out, I had
given her one with fish in it before I spoke again to the vet, when she
advised no fish food. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what food
they were feeding at the vet's, since she wasn't vomiting there. This is
frustrating, I just want to know what's wrong so I know how to treat it.

-Kelly