Old February 27th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default cat trees and fostering

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Jane wrote:

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

Even if you "have people", that's not really a guarantee
you'll have a refund due - you might OWE money! (Unless you
deliberately have too much withheld from your pay all year,
and that's not really "cost effective", since the IRS only
pays interest if they are late in returning your money -
they get interest-free use of it until April 15th plus the
couple of months until they actually send the refund check!)

If it was a reputable firm like H&R Block they should be able to calculate
the taxes and refund accurately.

Having said that, I was given bad information by both the local IRS office
and the financial firm that handles my IRA. They both told me that because
I was a hardship case (being unemployed) there wouldn't be an additional 10%
penalty for having to dip into my IRA on occasion for living expenses. They
both cited text from the same publication. And they were both wrong. It
took nearly a year but I was notified by the IRS audit division that I did
indeed owe them an additional 10%. That was not a fun thing, trust me.

Jill