Old June 28th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Shoulder Harnesses in Cars (was Cleaning litterboxes,revisited)

On Jun 28, 7:29*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Marina wrote:
hopitus wrote:
Forgive this OT non-bleach related post but please, ladies of short
stature, re the 'seatbelt-crossing-neck area" issue, do not EVER
give in to the urge to slip the diagonal chest strap which crosses
your neck area at its upper end under your arm for comfort and
less annoyance driving!

I usually find myself holding the seat belt out from my throat with my
hand. Often I don't even remember deciding to do that, it's just a
reflex because the chafing is really annoying. I don't know how this
would affect me in case of an accident. Haven't found out so far. knock
on wood

My mother got an extender that moves the position of the shoulder
restraint without compromising the integrity of it's purpose. *It fits
between the latch and buckle of the seat belt, and is about 6 inches
long. *It has a latch and a buckle on it, just like the seat belt.
Since there are differences between latches & buckles from manufacturer
to manufacturer, and even from model to model among the same
manufacturer, she went through her dealer to get one that would work in
her car. *Much safer than the "clips" that one can buy that moves the
shoulder harness.

There are also fake 'wool' things made to wrap around the shoulder
harness so that it is less irritating to a person, and cushions you in
an impact. *Check the automotive accessories section of your local
department store/retailer. Here's an examplehttp://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineC...
orhttp://tinyurl.com/6r3lq9

--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

Good info.! I'd need one. The seat belt in the truck goes across my
neck. Probably not real safe either. I've also been told that in my
car,
the airbag would probably knock my teeth out becuase I'm short.
I need a booster chair :-)

Sherry