Old February 25th 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette[_4_]

Default A great idea!

Joy wrote:

About five years ago, Chicago resident Paul Nickerson turned to a trio
of cats to deal with a rodent infestation after higher-tech pest-control
methods failed. He figured he had nothing to lose.

"It got to the point where my neighbors and I couldn't walk out of our
back doors to throw the garbage out at night because rats would be
running over our feet," Nickerson said.

The cats came from a Tree House Humane Society program that places
animals that aren't suited for life as house pets in places where their
native talents as hunters are needed, such as warehouses and breweries.

[great story snipped for brevity]

Isn't it funny how these things that humans did for centuries are now
considered to be great new ideas?

Whenever I hear about rat problems, I think, "Why don't they just send
some cats?" It's always seemed obvious to me. No poison, rats are gone the
natural way, the cats love it, there's more room at shelters for adoptable
cats, everyone's happy. (Even the rats would probably prefer to be killed
by a cat than by rat poison, if given the choice.)

Joyce
--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.