Old October 27th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

feverish wrote:
Joy wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Well, that's a great relief! To somebody. I mean, somebody must be happy
about it, right? G

Yeeesh. No way. haha!!!

And, I'm a vegeterian.

-feverish

Vegemite actually doesn't contain any animal products. You're probably
thinking of Brovil which is made from beef and looks the same. Vegemite
is made from yeast and malt extracts. It's actually a good source of
vitamin B12 plus other B vitamins.

I'm vegetarian and I also eat vegemite. It's really is good stuff.
Honest! It tastes terrible if you slather it on thick, because it's
far too salty. However you're not supposed to eat it that way. Only a
tiny amount is required and it should be eaten with margerine or butter
on the bread as well. A jar of vegemite goes a long way.

In the vegemite ads you see these people eating toast with the vegemite
spread on waaay too thick. Only need a quarter of what they show is
needed.

Dewi - Vegemite defender ;D