Old October 27th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

"Tish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Kreisleriana wrote:
From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Phew! That is *such* a relief. Thank you very much for setting the
record straight!

Oddly, not all Australians are addicted to vegemite. My sister, who
has lived in London (UK) for several years, specifically asked us *not*
to send her vegemite or tim tams as she doesn't like either of them.
My mother, an immigrant to Australia herself, was mildly shocked that
my sister could do without the two Australian staple foods. Mind you,
each time my sister visits Australia she goes insane shopping for
stuff, so there are a *few* things she misses from the Land of Oz (or
it could just be the favourable exchange-rate).

I reckon I could manage without vegemite if I had to, although Marmite &
Promite are poor alternatives, they'd do in a pinch I guess. But life
wouldn't be worth living without timtams. There is nothing in this world
(that I know of) that even comes close to the Timtam.

MMMM.... Timtams.

Yowie