Old October 18th 04, 03:13 AM
Christine Burel

Go, Chester -- I'm cheering him on, too!
Christine
"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Hi all:

I think that Chester is doing some middle-aged (just turned 8 yo)
soul-searching. I think he's discovering his Inner Cat. Maybe our

holiday
desertion made some things more clear for him - like you only live once

and
he loves his people.

Otis has always been the alpha-cat and Chester, though bigger and tougher,
has let him. Otis has always chased him off the bed at night, been first

in
line for the food, and has always taken his frustrations out by chasing
Chester around and trying to pick a fight.

Chester now:
1. Claims the food bowl if he's hungry
2. Steadfastly remains on the bed at night
3. Chases Otis back occasionally, even hissing at times

Now, don't get me wrong. He was never the quiet tortured cat quaking in

his
boots. He just let it all slide off him and marched around with great
confidence. No longer does it slide off - even he is tired of it. He's
taking a stand.

We are cheering him on.

Susan M
Otis and Chester