Old July 31st 03, 02:38 PM
L. Kelly

"Moron Brenchley." stupidly and without forethought
wrote in message ...
| |
| | Cats are NOT cage animals. If you live in an area where, for whatever
| | reason, you feel unable to allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for
| | at least some time each day (and only you can judge your area) then
| | don't have a cat. To have a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in
| | 24/7 marks you are being cruel, selfish, or both.
| |
| | I'm new to rec.pets.cats and a new cat owner. I was surprised by this
| | vehement claim. Is this just your personal opinion, or are you an expert
| | such as a vet? What organisations or studies support your claim?
| |
| | Kate Orman http://www.zip.com.au/~korman/
| | "I have no idea what that meant." - Dot Warner
|
| Hi Kate,
|
| Don't be too surprised or upset by anything that Bob writes. He has been here for
years
| and has always written the same garbage. He has them saved so he doesn't have to
rewrite
| his rubbish every time he wants to say the same thing. Killfile him like everyone else
| has.
|
| There is nothing at all wrong with keeping cats strictly indoors. I have always done
that
| and my cats live to ripe old ages and die very happy kitties. They are well loved and
| cared for. What they are not is a nuisance to my neighbours.
|
| You do what you think is best for your kitties and don't consider other people's
opinions
| too much. As long as your cats are loved, cared for and happy, that's all that
matters.

| Funny how that cat abusers like myself always come out of the wordwork at times
| like this.
|
| --
| Bob.
|
| My IQ score is 2 (it takes 3 to know when I need to go to the bathroom).

If you find the 3 IQ point, Bob, then go and spew your rubbish in the toilet where it
belongs.

I live on a highway, with over 10,000 vehicles a day going through, absolutely no yard,
and near a rural area full of coyotes and wild dogs (one of which I have seen near my
home). If protecting my cats from those dangers makes me "cruel, selfish, or both" (to
quote your words), then I guess I would have to say that you are the one who is abusive.

Anyone who WOULD subject their so-called "loved pets" to these dangers is, indeed,
extremely cruel, selfish, stupid and abusive.

You have made it very obvious to all here that you have no love for your animals at all,
so please keep your mental garbage from spilling over into everyone's inbox.