Old July 5th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Now that most of the shock has worn off....

hopitus wrote:
On Jul 5, 12:57 pm, Jane wrote:
On Jul 5, 8:15 am, outsider wrote:

Jane wrote in news:4aca6bb2-547f-434f-aefd-
:

I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no
clue. The project manager just said that he needed to speak to
me, and that was it.

What reason was given?

Andy

The boss claimed that I didn't know my job well enough. Anyone who
actually *works* with me says that he's a liar and it's a bogus
charge. I'm contract, he's government, so there's no chance of
fighting it. They are talking about outsourcing the data center,
and this may be just the first in a long line of unfair firings
just so the government doesn't have to pay severance.

Your tax dollars at work, folks.

Jane

Your latest post here reiterates what happened to a relative of mine.
She was also "contract" and it was "gov't military"employment of
several years. I am beginning to be suspicious of this "contract" and/
or
"consultant" stuff - which BTW I always worked medically for large
hospital corporations on a payroll w/accompanying benefits. I totally
go with Evelyn's outlook on the whole layoff/firing thing. White House
Occupant just made headlines for signing a 164B war budget which
will go on after he's out...talk about tax $$$, Jill?

Huh?! I didn't say anything about tax dollars.

Jill