Old September 27th 10, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

Default OT - How Do You Cope?

On 27 Sep, 07:45, "Yowie" wrote:

Depends what is doing the 'hurt'.

Sometimes lying in a dark, quiet room by myself is the best thing ever, but
sometimes going out into the wild blue yonder is what I need to do.
Sometimes, doing so with alot of friends, sometimes one really good friends,
sometimes by myself. Sometimes jsut realising life goes on is the practical
slap in the face i need, sometimes I need some time out, sometimes I need to
be comforted and 'fussed'.

I can't say that any one way is right, it depends on what (or who) is the
cause of my pain.

Yowie

I agree. If my foot is injured and I can barely walk, I lie up with
some painkillers and a good book. If I'm feeling low, I go for a long
walk in the countryside; I've found it's impossible to watch ducks and
stay miserable. If I'm worried about doing something that worries me,
I plan for it, and do it as soon as possible. If I'm bereaved or
feeling lost, then books, TV, writing or simply doing some
fundraising / volunteering all provide temporary distractions from the
pain.

Jeanette