Old May 11th 14, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Sophie's insulin shots

On 5/11/2014 8:38 AM, Robert Catt wrote:
Sophie is our dear chubby little black cat who has diabetes. Every
morning and evening I give her an insulin injection. I pick her up and
put her on a kitchen chair. Then I brush her, which she loves. Next
comes the shot, which she doesn't mind at all, probably because I inject
it in her fleshy shoulder and she doesn't feel it. Then I clean her eyes
because they're sometimes runny. It sounds like a lot of work, but she's
worth it!

Sophie sounds like a lovely girl.

My neighbor has a chubby black cat, Schwartzie, who is also diabetic. I
used to catsit for her until the diabetes required shots twice daily.
Schwartzie is a bit shy. Sometimes I couldn't even find him when I went
over to replenish food, water and scoop the litter box. (He's an
oddball; doesn't come running when he hears the kibble hit the bowl or
the can of Fancy Feast being opened.) She tried to convince me how easy
it is to give him his injections. Not if I can't find him! I told her
I would feel *horrible* if something happened to him because I couldn't
give him his shots. I suggested she board him at the vet. That idea
didn't go over well so I guess she found someone who was willing to take
the chance. Wasn't gonna be me, sorry.

Jill