Old June 2nd 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
About a week ago we added sauteed green onions and mushrooms, as well
as grilled bell peppers and zucchini, to spaghetti sauce (the kind in
a plastic jar).

I was thinking that with no meat, it would still be good, but someone
told me that mushrooms go bad in 2-3 days.

Oh dear. I keep spaghetti sauce in the fridge up to a week, shrooms,
meat and all.

--Fil

And likely OK due to the acid in the tomato sauce. It would make me uneasy
as I wouldn't be sure just how long the meat had been in the fridge before
it went into the sauce.

Jo