Old August 27th 14, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Joy

Default Breakthrough!

On 8/26/2014 4:44 PM, John Doe wrote:
Not to do with your situation specifically, but about who gets the
attention...

Recently, my neutered male began peeing on things. That is not
tolerable here, so I put him back where he came from in the not so
great outdoors for a day. That happened two or three more times,
with the time outside increasing. In my opinion, I'm good at
manipulating them, but I was at a loss. So... I considered the
jealousy thing and started letting him up into my lap giving him
precedence over the new female. I'm confident the peeing has
stopped. Apparently he was marking territory because he was upset
at getting less attention. That's something to look out for when
the home cat (the incumbent) is male.

Some people who don't have cats might think of that as surrender.
But as those of us who are experienced with cats know, sometimes
you just have to do it their way if you want to keep them.

Yup.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters