Old January 9th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Not sure about behaviour

Hi everyone, I'm a new member to the group.

My partner and I have recently (early November) adopted a 2 year old
cat - domestic tabby. Not much is known about her history as she was
rescued from someome who was hoarding cats. She had a blood test at the
RSPCA (in the UK) and everything was fine - she was also pregnant when
she came into the centre, and delivered kittens. After that she was
"altered". She's also had all her relevant injections.

More and more recently she has been miaowing for attention and
sometimes she will back up onto a wall/object, and her tail will be up
in the air and it will wiggle about. I've been told that this is
spraying. She doesn't miaow at night, apart from when she's up and
about at 6am wanting food :-)

Should we be worried? For now she is a house cat. We're still in two
minds about letting her out to be an indoor/outdoor cat - she was also
quite underweight when she was rescued and we've been looking after her
and thankfully she has put on weight and she now seems fine.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks :-)