Old August 5th 12, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Cat-sitting Again

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 4:48:21 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 3:33:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

I've been cat-sitting for my neighbor since August 1st. She'll be gone

until the 16th. This time she made sure she had enough Fancy Feast (the

two

boys split a can twice a day). However, they're also both of different

prescription diets of dry kibble. I was given very specific instructions

about how much kibble should be in the bowls, practically measured in

inches. So, she has enough R/x kibble for one cat but I know there is not

enough of the dry to last that long for the other. Arrrgh! What do I

have

to do, knock her on the head?! She ran out of cat food the last time!

Trust me, I know the prescription food is expensive. (I've been feeding

Persia prescription food since her initial bladder issues in 2004... and

now, kidney problems.) But if she can afford to go jaunting off on

vacations, surely she can make sure she has enough cat food? Am I wrong?

Sorry, I'm just venting again. It just ticks me off.

Jill

She probably doesn't think about it, because she can just run to the

store/vet and get more of it. Pretty annoying though, from your

perspective. Wonder if her vet would allow you to pick some up and charge

her account? I know mine would, but we have a pretty lengthy relationship,

and he knows who watches my kids.

*************

We use the same vet. But I'm not sure she has an "account" for them to

charge. I'll have to call to find out. Of course it's Saturday, so they

closed at 2 o'clock and they aren't open on Sunday. There's enough of the

food to last through the next week if I dish it out judiciously. I just

think it's inconsiderate of her to not have enough food on hand. She asked

me to cat sit nearly a month ago. She should have planned better.

Jill

Jill,

Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't poor judgement. I just know that when I'm "going away", I always think I've got everything covered, even using a check list, and there is always something (unfortunately it isn't always the same thing) that I have forgotten.

I don't have an "account" per se, but I do have an understanding with my vet, that if there is an emergency (or the babies need *something*) that my 'sitter' can get it or bring them in, and I'll pay for it when I get back. Only because I worry more about them than I do about me, I've always worked this out with my varying vets (it's a deciding factor when I change vets).