Old August 5th 12, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Cat-sitting Again

On 8/5/2012 2:22 PM, MaryL wrote:
Same here. I have always paid cash (actually, by check), so I don't
have an
"account" set up for paying bills. However, I once asked my vet if I would
be able to make arrangements at the reception desk so my pet sitter could
bring Holly or Duffy in for treatment, if needed. He said, "Yes." Then he
smiled and said, "Of course, we would take care of them anyway--without any
special arrangements."

My vet allows the same arrangement. I wrote up a letter for them to put
in my cat's files along with the name of my pet sitter stating that
whatever care they feel is necessary if I'm unable to be contacted when
my cats are in the care of the sitter that they are authorized to do so
and I'd pay when I get back. It even includes euthenasia if my vet
feels that is the only hope. That one was a tough one to authorize but
I wouldn't want a very sick and/or in pain cat waiting for my
authorization. I'd sure hate it if it comes to that but I trust the
judgement of my sitter and vet and they know I don't put dollar limits
on treating them.