Old February 18th 04, 07:48 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Our Maine Coon boy died very suddenly in January just under 5 years
old the cause was found to be cardiomyopathy We where not aware of any
problems with the breed until it was too late. Thanks to lots of info
on the internet.

We are not really prepared to take the chance with another Maine Coon
it would be to heart breaking if it happened again
although we are not ready for another cat we have talked about
Norwegians and Siberians is anybody aware of any problems with these
breeds ?

Just wondering...
Why not adopt a mixed breed kitty from a rescue group or shelter? There
are so many who need homes.

All cats can have problems. Certain breeds might be prone to them, but
any kitty you get could end up with a genetic problem. My Mom has a cat
that kinda looks like a small MC that she adopted. He's the sweetest
guy. Maybe adopting a cat that has the body type and personality you're
looking for is an option?

~kaeli~
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace