Old May 12th 04, 03:49 PM
kaeli

In article , rmorgan7
@austin.rr.com enlightened us with...

Last night, he didn't even come out of the bedroom where he usually
"lives," which is VERY unusual. Now he's afraid to even walk around
inside the house.

We really have to solve this. Like I said, we HAVE to have our sleep,
and we can't live with him waking us up at 2, 3, 4 in the morning,
pooping and peeing all over the place, etc.

If he doesn't *want* to go out, you aren't losing sleep.
All kidding aside, if he isn't going out, is he going potty in the
house?

He is very used to going potty outside from what you've posted. So,
where does he usually go? In the dirt? If so, perhaps putting the soil
from the area where he usually goes into a litterbox would teach him to
use one. Put it right by the door or wherever he's been going in the
home. Move it later, but for now, keep it there. He may prefer a
cardboard box with low sides instead of a traditional litterbox for now.
Whatever makes him happy, makes you happy. *g*

He really needs to be inside. He has no defense without his claws. Only
teeth, and teeth don't help him climb trees to get away from danger.
Going out with you is one thing (and a great thing, IMO). Going out all
by himself is just a tragedy waiting to happen.

Also, take him to the vet. Behavior problems can have physical origins
(maybe he hurt himself outside). If nothing else, the vet can prescribe
something to make him less nervous. Fear multiplies if it isn't handled.
Don't forget the love, treats, and praise for desired behavior. Positive
reinforcement can work wonders.

~kaeli~
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace