Old June 29th 05, 05:35 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article .com,
wrote:

Yowie wrote:

Make sure you mention that you are from RPCA to her (she won't be
expecting
it)

Yowie

Thanks for posting this, Yowie. Could I bother you to tell me what
would be an appropriate time to call? Like what is mid-morning, or
mid-afternoon there?

I know how Jean is feeling. I had the same thing happen with my left
leg. It started because I was allergic to the monofilament stitches
they used on the inside. On top of being horribly painful, it is so
disheartening and depressing to have your body revolt on you that way
when you're trying to do everything right and can't control what's
happening. I did get to go home though, and had the option of seeing a
wound clinic for debriding every other day or having a home health
wound care nurse visit.

Sherry

After my bypass, my leg also was the main source of pain. The incision
didn't actually break down, but hurt intensely for a month or two, and
occasionally for about 2 years. There's still one patch above my ankle
that has strange nerve function.

Probably not what she wants to hear, but, unfortunately, for many
patients, the leg is the worst part of bypass surgery -- and no one
tells you this. The cardiac surgery textbooks don't mention it,
probably because from their standpoint, getting the vein is fairly minor
surgery.

It is, but it also affects a great many skin pain receptors. I don't
know about hers, but my incision ran from a little above my knee to
above the ankle.