Old September 30th 04, 07:35 AM
Jeanette

CatNipped wrote in message
I'm wondering at what the older members of this group (or any of you, for
that matter) may have done as far as making arragements for their cats to

be
taken care of if they should pass away before their cats do.

When Ade and I are both gone, whatever cats we have at the time of our death
will go to the local Branch of Cats Protection to be rehomed. There is
provision in our wills for a £500 donation to the Branch for each cat, to
stay with the Branch, rather than the cat.

I've volunteered for this particular charity for nearly ten years now, and
am confident that they will do the right thing for each cat.

One woman I know has specified in her will that her house is to be left to
the Branch, on condition that we find a congenial, cat loving lodger to care
for her cats, dogs and rabbits in their own home until they have all passed
away, at which point we are free to sell the house.

Jeanette