Old June 11th 04, 04:36 PM
Rhonda

We do have other cats, but the new cat family is isolated from them.

We have to nail down what is causing this -- whether it is congenital or
viral before we jump to any conclusions. I know there is something
called cerebellum hypoplasia (probably murdered that spelling) that
causes tremors, and is not contagious. It is inherited. I was hoping
that's what the little boy had, but his was something more -- or since
he was always smaller he caught something that the others did not.
Someone else said kitties with CH can develop other medical problems.

We will make sure what this is before we do any cat introductions or
kitten adoptions.

By the way, the little girl who had tremors last night, shows no signs
today and is madly tearing up the room. I have my fingers crossed and am
waiting for a call from the vet.

Rhonda

Hi Im WEEniE with My Fav4ite Midi wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I got a feeling though that what ever those kittens
got they got it from their mother. I remember I was interested in this
puppy but it was too young to leave the mother but I notice how one of
the other puppies kept sneezing.Well what happened was that the mother
dog caught a virus or distemper probably from the male dog that got her
pregnant & the puppies & her had to be put down.None could be saved. Not
good news I know I just want you to get prepared for the worst. If by
chance at least the mother cat survives are you going to keep her?
Because if she does have FIP or some other cat disease? She can't be
around other cats.She would have to get fixed & kept inside. See that's
what happens when morons don't get their pets fixed & lets them roam
around. It's the poor animals that suffer. For all we know the male cat
was sick when he got her pregnant & when the kittens were born & started
nursing off her they caught it.Surprise that one that you tried to save
lived as long as it did.But what what price? It seems that all those
cats are sick including the mother.She can not be with any more cats.Do
you have any cats of your own?