Old October 18th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Other Mike

Default Advice needed please

Just some advice from someone who's been there very recently...if the
one you have is solid white, go to your local petstore and purchase a
clear one. We bought one from Petsmart (it was in the dog section, we
just bought the smallest one) and it made a huge difference. With the
solid white one, he had no peripheral vision and would run into walls
and furniture...that all stopped after we got him the clear one.
Personally I think it's harder on the owners then on the cats...we
felt so guilty making him wear it but he really did get used to it
after a couple of days....he has to, the alternative is much worse if
she pulls the stitches out.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:13:45 GMT, "\"kls\""
wrote:

My cat has had one of the head collars fitted by the vet today (the ones
that look like lampshades).

She is struggling getting about, walkng backwards and bumping into things.

How long will it take her to get used to it?

She tore a claw and needed stitches. The vet removed the dressings today
but gave her the collar to stop her pulling them out.

We are taking her back to the vets next Monday and it seems such a long time
if she is like this until then.

Thanks
Karen )