Old December 30th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Corey Kaye

Default Bloody paw

Lynne wrote:

Sounds like your kitty got stuck in the bag and hurt herself trying to
get out. How awful for her! Patience and love and a visit to the vet in
the morning will probably be all you can do, or need to do. Also, just a
warning, she will likely be TERRIFIED of the sight and sound of plastic
bags from now on. I had a little manx who once got stuck in a plastic
grocery bag, but fortunately I was there and got him out immediately.
For the rest of his 21 years, he was so terrified of those things or
anything that sounded similar that I started requesting paper bags at the
grocery store just to alleviate his stress.

Now Levi LOVES to jump in them when I bring home groceries. I watch him
very carefully and pull him out at the first sign he might have even a
remote chance of getting stuck. It was amazing how briefly my manx,
Calvin was stuck yet how utterly terrified he was at the time and ever
after.

Celia seems to be doing okay, I guess. She has her little place in the
linen closet, and comes out looking for pets when I go into that
bathroom, and full of head butts and purrs.

Her toes are still bleeding a bit--there are some pink smears on the
shelf--but she's really acting like her normal self.

I checked my vet's website, and they're closed tomorrow (holiday hours).
I suppose I'll evaluate in the AM...I certainly have lots of ER
options if need be.

I think I may be more upset than she is, now that the bag is gone. I
just feel so sorry for her!

Corey