Old December 30th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Corey Kaye

Default Bloody paw

Lynne wrote:

I do, too! Honestly, unless the bleeding doesn't stop, I think she'll
be fine for the next few days at least. Of course if it doesn't stop,
take her in tomorrow morning (or sooner). You should take her in to be
looked at for signs of infection on Tuesday, though. Especially since
she'll be scratching around in her litter box with her injured paw.
Speaking of her litter box, I would suggest keeping it as immaculate as
possible while her wounds heal. I'd suggest wrapping her foot, but IME
it's impossible keeping a bandage (or even a cast) on a cat's leg or
paw.

I hope you both feel better soon!!

She has super clean litter in a super clean box, and I don't work on the
weekends, so I'll be able to keep her box VERY clean.

I remember (YEARS and YEARS ago) the vet I worked for recommended strips
of newspaper in the boxes of the cats we did declaws on. I don't
subscribe to anything, but I may go pick up a couple papers
tomorrow...is that still the recommended "litter" for kitties with sore
paws?

Corey