Old September 26th 04, 12:01 PM

Singh wrote:

It has been unusually chilly though, a little backwash from Ivan
et al. We'll have really nice temps for about 2 hours, then it'll
get all chilly. We have a saying locally: if you don't like the
weather, wait 5 minutes; it'll change.

Whereas here in the San Francisco area, it's more like: if you don't
like the weather, cross the street.

(There's no such expression as far as I know, I just like to say that.)

It's very hilly here and we have lots of "microclimates". So it might
be sunny in one neighborhood, and in another one less than a mile away,
it might be raining and gusting wind. The temperature varies sharply
depending on how close you are to the actual coast. "Inland" means a
mere 3 or 4 miles inland. It might be 100 degrees (38C) "inland" and
65 (18C) and foggy on the beach, just a few miles away.

Joyce