Old April 13th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Long Day; Persia's at the Clinic

She was being a stinker this morning. Doesn't matter how hard I try to be
nonchalant, it's just another day, she knows something is afoot. So she hid
under the sofa in the living room. I had to use a broom to get her out.
Then she ran into the den and hid behind the sofa. I closed the door, but I
had to move the sofa bed (that sucker is heavy!). Then I got to chase her
around the room for a while. Of course she was protesting the entire time.
I finally managed to grab her and get her to the carrier.

I went next door and my neighbor was waiting to drive us. Okay, now she
really didn't understand. Why am I in the back seat of her car? Where are
we going? Why are we still driving after all this time? (It's a two-hour
trip there and back.) She cried and cried, which was to be expected. But
she was so upset she threw up her breakfast about halfway there. Lynn
pulled off on a side road and I cleaned up the mess as best I could with
tissues. But she got sick again right before we got to the clinic. So when
I took her inside I told them about it and said she'd probably need to be
cleaned up a bit. They whisked her off while I filled out paperwork (and of
course paid the bill for the radioactive treatment; I pay for her boarding
when I pick her up on 4/30).

Then we met with the vet who showed me the isolation room and the
cage/kennel where she'll be staying this week. There happens to be another
cat who was brought in earlier that day who will be in the cage next to her.
But the way they have it set up, they can't see each other, only hear each
other. I was told after a week she'll be moved to a larger kennel in the
main boarding facility. (It didn't occur to me until I got home to wonder
how that is possible since she's not supposed to be around other cats for 2
weeks after the treatment. Hmmmm.)

I figured I'd bring her Sherpa bag home and clean it out and put the fleece
liner in the washing machine. The clinic staff said saying just leave it
there and they'd take care of it. They'd already put the liner in the
washer. That way it will be there when I come back to bring her home. (It
better be! Those Sherpa bags aren't cheap!) Anyway, I feel like she's in
good hands. The vet ordered the radioactive iodine as soon as I checked in
and was going to administer it around noon.

But the vet tech mentioned they were going to have to give Persia a BATH.
OMG, she's going to kill me when she gets home! First I take her on that
really long trip, then she has to get bathed. Then she's staying there for
3 weeks! Yep, she's going to kill me. Maybe not immediately. But soon,
very soon.

Jill