Old June 26th 15, 08:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Carroll[_2_]

Default My outside cat has an electric blanket

buglady writes:

On 6/25/2015 2:07 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
Do you keep them in separate carriers? What about feeding and litter
during, say, a two or three day driving trip?

.............I'd say yes to separate carriers.

(snip)

Agreed; it may be worth my mentioning that we once we had a pair of
carriers with a wide grate at the front that the cats could get their
paw through, and they seemed to quite like being placed so that they
could face each other and even "hold hands"!

Our current cat is actually very sedate so, if there is someone in the
back of the car, we just put a harness on him and have that person look
after him and he just sits there and gives no trouble. When we stop at
places like rest areas we try to park a little way from any craziness or
busy traffic so he can look around a bit without it being too scary.

Some of the carriers intended for things like shipping pets
internationally can be useful. They are big and heavy, but they have
plenty of room for the cat to be able to sit up fully, vents for them to
peer out of, and have a water dispenser.

-- Mark