Old December 27th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default inside/outside cats.

wrote:
snipped
I can see why people keep the cat indoors, if there are Mountain lion or
Alligator around to eat her.
Here they are none.

In the countryside there are often coyotes. Or other animals,
depending upon where in the U.S. one lives.

Right here, in a northeastern city, there are skunks, raccoons, &
rabbits - no big deal. But there *is* traffic, which is a big deal.
(One of my neighbor's cats was killed in the road when he was 2;
another neighbor's cat was killed/hit by a car when several months
old.) Therefore my cats are indoors, except for going out onto a
screened-in porch.

Cathy