Old April 23rd 16, 08:33 PM
My2Kitties My2Kitties is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P. View Post
"Juls" wrote in message

I've got a couple of spots I'm trying to keep Jazz out of, like behind
the TV where the electrical and cable wires are. She thinks the wires
are great fun, and I can't come up with a way to make a barricade.

Juls,

Go to an automotive supply store and buy a few yards of vacuum hosing- it
comes on a roll (very flexible) and in a variety of inside diameters from
1/8" to about 1". Cut the hosing in the lengths of the wires; cut a slit
down the length of the hosing and put the wires inside.

You can also use plastic tubing that you can buy a Home Depot, but I prefer
vacuum hosing because the hoses are very strong and walls of the hosing are
very thick- thicker than the length of a cat's carnassial teeth. Vacuum
hosing is very inexpensive and very easy to work with- its so flexible that
you can even tie it into a tight knot.

Phil
Dear Phil, what a GREAT idea!! I'm going to an automotive supply s tore right away to get some for all my electrical cords. I have A QUESTION. If the hose is so strong and sturdy, HOW do you cut the length of it, esp. if it's only 1/8 inch diameter?