Old February 17th 15, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

Default Counting stray cats while cycling at night

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Dick Ballard:
I get the impression from some sources that NOT
allowing one's pet cat to free roam is considered a form of abuse by
many in Britain.

Couple years back I saw a documentary about a guy who studied cats in
the UK.

His method was to recruit a number of cat owners who agreed to seal
anything their cat brought home in a plastic bag and freeze it until the
investigator came around periodically to collect and catalog them.

I can't recall the numbers, but he found that each made quite a dent in
the local small animal population.
--
Pete Cresswell

They probably did. Cats like to hunt and if you don't like it, don't have a
cat. Simples ;-)
My cat is brilliant around my chicken huts (small rats killed only, the big
ones he says no to) If you have poultry you will always get rats coming to
share their food.
So he kills the small ones, and it prevents them them getting big. If they
get away from him and get big I get the terriers in. No rat will get away
from them. I have to keep Boyfie inside otherwise they will kill him - so
we do a rat hunt. It's far better than poison. Either they escape or they
don't. no dying slowly.