Old August 14th 16, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_6_]

Default Post Office Cat

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:55:39 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Not officially. I went to the Post Office to buy some stamps. Yeah, I
know some people who don't have computers so I still do "snail mail"
from time to time. There was a cute little grey tabby looking for
all the world like it was guarding the front door.

I said hello to the cat and stooped down to pet it. It scooted under a
bush. Ah, a feral. As soon as I went inside the cat resumed it's place
in front of the door again. There were lots of people going in and out.
The cat would move aside then sit back down in front of the door.

I didn't see any signs of it but someone must be feeding the cat.
Either that or there are a lot of mice or marsh rats around the Post
Office. I can't think of any other reason for her to just sit there by
the front door like that. She was cute.

It's cool to see things like that. Our local club has a tabby that has
been there close to a year now. Most people bring their dogs too and
yet this cat remains unscathed and happy to mingle amongst people.