Old July 16th 03, 01:00 AM
Andr0meda

We do have a set-back
I was confident that Xena stopped hissing and carrying on when confronted by
O'Malleys scent. So, this morning I picked him up, patted him, and then went
and without washing my hands tried the same with Xena. No luck
Hissing, growling, even some patting with her paw at me. But no real attack.
On the other hand O'Malley is so hungry for attention, he just can't take
being in the bathroom any more......
This morning he threw a real tantrum when I was in the shower, he actually
jumped on top of it from the toilet tank and I had to catch him or else he
might slip and fall 2 metres to the tiled floor.
His screams scared Xena so badly, that she hid in my bed under covers.
She is basically OK with all this since he is not (for now) claiming any
territory and as long as I don't touch him.
Maybe I should avoid contact with O'Malley; it makes him want more attention
once he gets any. Move him to the other bathroom that I don't use and limit
my visits there to feeding and cleaning.
But, would that help? Only prolong the pain I guess, since Xena just won't
accept me patting him at all.
Should I simply let them meet and sort it out?
I am going to the Vet's shortly to collect some Feliway, and I also ordered
a remedy from a Holistic Vet which I should have by Friday.
Please keep wishing us luck.
Andr0 and 2 cats

--

"Andr0meda" wrote in message
Hi All,
on Tuesday night
They are both alive and seemingly happy.