Old July 16th 03, 09:20 AM
MaryL

"Andr0meda" wrote in message
Thank you
I got the Feliway and our Vet says that I should introduce the cats over

the
next weekend, since it doesn't look like my method works for them.
Hopefully Feliway will calm both down until then.
Dr Raoul says that I should pick up Xena and let Hercules out; they will
fight but I should let them sort it all out themselves.
I will hang in there as you say; it's only 3 more days till the weekend.
Regards,
Andr0 at work

I don't agree with what your vet said. I think this is much too soon to try
to start the introduction. Megan contacted me and asked if I would send you
the information I put together concerning Duffy and Holly, and I am going to
do that. I'll send it to your e-mail address tonight. In brief: Your
situation does sound very much like the one I faced. Holly seemed to hate
all other cats, and she would viciously attack them. I was sure that it
would be fruitless to try to adopt another cat. When I saw the picture of
Duffy (my blind kitty) on PetFinders, Megan offered to walk me through the
process if I would adopt Duffy. She assured me that it could be done. But
I want to emphasize this point -- take it very slow. We took a full 6 weeks
before Holly and Duffy were ready to be left alone together, but it was well
worth the time and care. They are both wonderful companions, and now they
get along beautifully. People who knew Holly in the past just can't believe
the difference. As I said, I will forward the information to you. I also
want to strongly suggest that you accept Megan's offer of help. She is a
true storehouse of knowledge in this area, and she will be very generous
with her time.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56