Old August 7th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

Default stupid stupid people

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:18:54 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

So you think the judgmental comments she tosses out about groups of
people (Americans, children, etc.) are flame bait? I was thinking it was
more genuine anger -- maybe misdirected, but still coming from
somewhere.

She may be genuinely frustrated with certain aspects of her life, but her
comments about fat people and Americans are calculated to get a rise out
of people.

The PA's about killfiling do seem to be a touchy subject with some. It
doesn't strike me one way or another if someone announces it. I always
thought they were telling the intendee to stop shouting into the wind.

Yes, in fact that is what they are saying -- "shut up because I'm not
listening." It's a feeble attempt to exert control over someone else.

There just isn't that much volume in this group. Nor does any one person
account for a disproportionate share of the volume. Filters are
overkill... all people have to do is ignore whatever posts they don't
want to read. But that doesn't send a message to whoever it is that
annoys them, does it?

Charlie