Old August 1st 03, 09:26 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Dooies B.B" wrote in message
. ..

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
P.S. When you said, "I know she has some discomfort from her lower back,

and
probably kidney problems," did you mean, probably her kidney problems

are
giving her some discomfort? Or probably she has kidney problems?

Because
if you weren't sure, I was going to say you might want to get her

checked
out, but then I realized you might just not be sure of the level of
discomfort. In any case, you could always consult your vet as to how

much
they think she is suffering in general, and what they think her quality

of
life is; most competent vets will not put a cat down unless they truly
believe it's necessary, and I'm sure they'd be glad to give you their
professional opinion as to her state of well-being (if you can afford

it,
that is). I'm sure a vet would also be happy to give you advice as to

ways
of keeping an older cat occupied and interested as well.

I took her to the vets about 8 months ago and due to her drinking lots

more
and stuff it was suggested that she did have mild kidney problems, but it
was also suggested that at her age perhaps it would be better not to treat
her.

There is no age limitation (IOW - no upper age limit) for treating chronic
renal failure. In fact, it is a condition that shows up, for the most part,
only in older - elderly cats.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon