Old June 28th 05, 10:32 PM

We finally got rid of Nika's fungus and have just brought a new kitten into
the house. Our vet (who gave us the cat and a great deal on the eventual
neuter operation) told us that with two cats we won't need cable. You can
just watch them.
So far all that's happening is the kitten won't come out of the traveling
case (we have food, water and litter in there for him). Nika hisses at him
when he thinks about it, and she's bigger than he is (but not for long, I'm
afraid). I think they'll be playing in a few days though. The hostility is
very mild compared to what I've seen in other cats.
We haven't named the male yet. We were considering Caruso (Nika is from a
music person as well) because he was so loud on the way home from the vet,
but he hasn't made a sound since.
Fascinating.

They're often loud on car trips, only to become quiet once they realize
the trip is over!

If the kitten won't come out of the carrier, he's most likely feeling
insecure - anxious about his new environment. He may venture out soon,
but since Nikka is hissing at him, it may be advantageous to give the
kitten a place of his own, w/ all of the needed creature comforts - &
frequent visits by his humans - for a few days (maybe even a couple of
weeks, depending on how things progress)at first. The bathroom (with
the toilet lid kept down & nothing dangerous in the waste basket), a
spare bedroom, where ever...

Cathy