Old January 12th 05, 07:14 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:16:45 -0600, Cheryl
wrote:

She was spayed last week, and well, she's had a lot of problems
since I got her. She's had gunky eyes, lack of appetite at times,
(she's pretty skinny and has been slow to put on weight since her
first weighing at our vet when she was 2.4 pounds). She's up to 4
lbs now, but still feels boney because she's growing in length. Vet
isn't overly concerned about her growth rate. Me, OTOH, I tend to
treat her with meat babyfood whenever she doesn't eat as much of
her canned as I'd like.

Yesterday I took her back to the vet because her spay incision felt
like a large lump and I was worried it had abscessed. Vet said the
lumping is normal but decided to put in a few staples since she'd
licked open the glue (she has subQ dissolvable stitches).

Tonight she is walking around very slowly. Trying to keep from
having to walk. I guess I'll be calling the vet tomorrow AGAIN...
sigh ...

She has two rough brothers who she needs a break from. I guess she
will be going back into the kitten room tomorrow while Rhett and
Shamrock spend the day downstairs. Bonnie also needs a break from
Shamrock, who is beating the sh!t outta her lately. Rhett is
exactly Shamrock's speed, so those two can beat each other up all
day. Heh. They get along great, they both just play really rough.

--
Cheryl

Purrs for poor Scarlett. And Bonnie, too!

I swear, after Merlyn, I'll never adopt another female cat, just
because going through the spaying with her makes me feel like a crazed
mom worrying constantly and tearing her hair out!

Ginger-lyn