Old July 3rd 03, 09:42 AM
Arjun Ray

In , "Kalyahna"
wrote:

| As for his diagnosis? Beyond it being a liver problem, and quite severe,
| nothing further came of it.

What were the numbers? Was he being hydrated besides being force-fed?
Did the radiographs you wrote about show anything abnormal?

| The staff vet, when asked for her honest opinion,

Was this the same staff vet who told you that declawing doesn't involve
amputation?

| said that fatty liver would be the best-case scenario, require months of
| rehabilitation,

It varies, but yes, recovery is far from overnight. However, hepatic
lipidosis is *very* treatable if caught early enough.

| and the only way to know if it even was fatty liver would be a biopsy,
| which would require surgery, which he wouldn't be likely to wake from.

In other words, the radiographs showed nothing, the bloodwork showed
elevated liver values, the cat had stopped eating, the cat showed signs
of jaundice, and HL was *not* a probable diagnosis?

| So I made the call, and held him while he was put down.

In other words, pulling the cat out of hepatic lipidosis would have been
too much hassle.

Hokay...