Old July 22nd 03, 01:48 AM
Arjun Ray

In ,
"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

| Now, the dilemma is, do we force the kittens to eat kitten food or will
| they be ok eating a premium-quality adult food?

IMHO, they'll do just fine if they're basically healthy to start with.

| The basic difference is just the protein/fat content, right?

Theoretically, yes, but there seems to be a lot of marketing gimmickry
involved too.

If you need to "fatten" the kittens up a bit, you could try a food like
Innova - feeding the adults slightly reduced portions at the same time.
("Feeding instructions" from manufacturers oftne grossly overstate the
requirements - feed the cat according to how much it will eat, not how
much the labels say.)