Old June 25th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Do cats get strep throat?

On 25 Jun, 17:31, Victor Martinez wrote:
I've been running a fever since Saturday, and when I went to the doctor
she said it was probably strep throat. I got antibiotics and told to
take it easy and drink lots of fluids. I'm staying at home today because
I had a terrible night and I'm pretty sure I'm contagious. Question. Can
I give the cats an infection? Should I avoid snuggling with them?////

I wouldn't worry too much, just don't kiss them or cough over them.
The likelyhood of them catching strep is not that high if at all.
Also, wash your hands before handling their bowls and things, and make
sure snotty tissues are out of reach. When I had strep, Liss Lily
Whiskers took it upon herself to empty the bin of snotty tissues. No
nice. ;O)

Get well soon purrs en-route

Helen M