Old May 23rd 15, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default After 8 years, my feral is using the Skyway!

Mark Carroll wrote:

John Doe writes:

I always knew they enjoyed listening to the outside sounds. That was
made clear when a newly adopted stray always napped with its head
against the speaker, as the speaker was moved around.

Thank you, I appreciate your explanation. It's an interesting idea --
it's good that you noticed what they like.

Incidentally, outside we have one of those PIR-activated ultrasonic
noisemakers protecting a patch of lawn, after I got fed up of having
to pick up all the neighbour's cat's faeces each time before I get
into mowing the grass. Now the cat just hisses at it from atop the
fence and walks across our decking instead (which I don't mind if it
doesn't defecate all over it!).

I can't imagine why the feces would be high off of the ground, or that
you couldn't just spray it into the ground. Probably makes good
fertilizer.