Old July 4th 04, 07:45 PM
Sherry

I got this in an email a while back, and thought I would post it here as it
sorta falls into what the "Happy July 4th" threat has become. I don't know
the accuracy of all the statements, and while I agree with the gist of it, I
don't agree with some of the individual statements (and I guess I'm
apologizing in advance to those individuals on this group who might be
offended by it):

Apology accepted. But I don't think this groups is the place for that kind of
propaganda. I read it as an attempt to justify the mistreatment of prisoners,
which is something that goes against everything I thought we stood for. IMO,
apologizing for treating human beings worse than animals isn't entirely a bad
idea. **Not* apologizing would rather indicate there was nothing done wrong,
nothing to be remorseful about. Which would about put us wallowing in the same
muck, on the same level, right along with the "enemy."

The remark about the French was as stupid as "Freedom Fries."

Sherry