Old August 18th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default I held a bitty

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:88d4d04ea1b5e@uwe...
Such a tiny, dainty bitty! To think that some old so-and-so was going to
drown her. she literally called out to some well-meaning but clueless
teenagers, saying if they didn't take the baby, she would drown it. the
kids
took her and drove to Petsmart, and ran into one of the Tenth Chance
people
setting up for a show. The kids thought they could keep the tiny thing in
abox and toss in dry food. The volunteer took her and got some formula
mixed
up. The baby had just opened her eyes for the first time in the car.

Karen asked if I'd like to try feeding her. Of course I did. Such a
delicate
bitty! She wore a tiny tuxedo, open in the front like Roxie's. She had the
tiniest paws, and her ears wee so small they were two of the littlest
points
sticking up from her head. She was wrapped in a dishtowel and Karen showed
me
how to keep the bitty sitting straight and how to position the little
bottle.
I even burped the bitty and she brought forth a righteous belch that made
me
proud. For Karen, she'd sit quietly. For me, she'd wriggle out of that
dishtowel and climb on me, and I'll be dipped if she didn't figure out
where
two-leg mammaries are located. knew what they were for, too, considering
the
little one bit me there! I'd like to think i was helping the little one
get
strong.

Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good,
strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer
my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and
I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby
down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Purrs for the tiny mite to get big and strong, and find a great home fast.
Dante also points out that black and white rules.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net