Old August 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default I held a bitty

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Such a tiny, dainty bitty! To think that some old so-and-so was going to
drown her. she literally called out to some well-meaning but clueless
teenagers, saying if they didn't take the baby, she would drown it. the kids
took her and drove to Petsmart, and ran into one of the Tenth Chance people
setting up for a show. The kids thought they could keep the tiny thing in
abox and toss in dry food. The volunteer took her and got some formula mixed
up. The baby had just opened her eyes for the first time in the car.

Karen asked if I'd like to try feeding her. Of course I did. Such a delicate
bitty! She wore a tiny tuxedo, open in the front like Roxie's. She had the
tiniest paws, and her ears wee so small they were two of the littlest points
sticking up from her head. She was wrapped in a dishtowel and Karen showed me
how to keep the bitty sitting straight and how to position the little bottle.
I even burped the bitty and she brought forth a righteous belch that made me
proud. For Karen, she'd sit quietly. For me, she'd wriggle out of that
dishtowel and climb on me, and I'll be dipped if she didn't figure out where
two-leg mammaries are located. knew what they were for, too, considering the
little one bit me there! I'd like to think i was helping the little one get
strong.

Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good, strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Blessed be,
Baha

Lots of purrs for a great onetruehome for Juno,
Polonca and Soncek